Sunday, July 26, 2009

Salt Lake City Farmer's Market

Yesterday morning, Jenny and I went to the Salt Lake City Farmers Market to browse around. We got there around 9.30am, so it was already pretty packed. There are a ton of booths for veggies, honey, fruit, arts, crafts, food, bread, etc. We ended up getting a couple of (huge) zucchini to make stuff zucchini, a 2 pound bottle of honey from Knight Family Honey, and lunch from a Sudanese vendor. We knew the Sudanese food was going to be really good because we've been to their restaurant out in West Valley already (someone remind me later to do up a proper review on that place... it's very tasty). The next time we head out there, we'll have our choice of Caribbean, Mexican, BBQ, Argentinean, Indian, Thai, fresh made noodles, blah blah blah. The Caribbean place was serving these jerked kabobs that smelled amazing, so I'm thinking that's where I'm going to pick next. I'll let you guys know how that is.

Another fun thing about the Market is sampling various things. While wandering around, we sampled honey from 5 different booths, hummus (the company is called Freaky Monkey, or Happy Monkey or something), jerky, watermelon, cantaloup, cherries, and greyhounds. Yeah, you heard me. We sampled some greyhounds while we were there. There was a booth for the GPA in Salt Lake where you could sample the affection of a retired racing greyhound. The Indian booth (mentioned above) also had samples that were pretty good, although I have to admit that eating Indian food out of a little plastic cup was almost too challenging for me.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

My favorite part of the farmers market was getting to go with my hubby. That's you :)

Unknown said...

What a fun activity. I love Farmer's market. Such good stuff!