Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blog Confessions of a Honeybee

I hate Saturday mornings. I get to work this morning to discover that all of the honey is gone AGAIN! Completely gone. The other workers and I have been haulin' pollen all week long to make up for our hive getting cleaned out last week, and the week before, etc. We are all getting pretty sick of it, so we decided to knock off early today and just cruise around for a bit.

Imagine my surprise when I fly into Farmer's Market in Salt Lake and discovered what has been happening to all of our honey!
I'm cruising down the aisles and decided to stop in at the Knight Family Honey stand to sample some of the competition's wares. The guy giving out samples squeezes some honey onto a cracker and I'm thinking "man, this smells almost exactly like our honey". Then I take a taste. That is our honey! Oh man, and now this dude's trying to pawn my own honey back to me for $8 a pound! Do you have any idea how long it takes us to make a pound of honey?!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

My favorite hubby! Welcome back to the blog world :)

Unknown said...

You are too funny! I love this post!