Wednesday, May 21, 2008

U of Utah!

Last Wednesday I checked my admission status and saw "Admitted". What a pleasant surprise! I am pretty excited that they (the Admissions Committee) are giving me a chance to come to the U, even though my transcripts look pretty awful. The funniest thing is the letter I opened from them when I got home from work on Thursday telling me that my scholastic history is below the U's normal admission standards and that I will be on academic probation and required to meet with an academic adviser for the first little while. Oh, and I have to keep my GPA above 2.0. I am going to be majoring in Chinese. It will probably take me about 7 years to finish everything if I go to school Spring, Summer and Fall semesters, but it will be a good lesson for me to learn (stay in school).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, stay in school is a very good lesson to learn. I'm so pleased. I'm sure you will surprise them and you won't have any trouble keeping a high gpa. Love you, Danny!

Cody Heffner said...

academic probation...who cares! we all go through that stage. its all about pwning it and getting OUT of that stage and having a glorious comeback.

Fat Dad said...

good work dude! Academic Danny version 2.0 will not stay on academic probation for long.